Club “Gaida” was founded in 2009 by a group of Bulgarian culture enthusiasts endeavouring to present and promote Bulgarian traditions in Luxembourg. The club revolves around projects and activities that introduce the traditional and contemporary aspect of Bulgarian culture. It is also a meeting point for all who are fascinated by the Balkan spirit.
The doors of Club “Gaida” are wide open for any person curious to discover Bulgaria and its many faces (folklore, history, music, art, gastronomy, etc.).
Some of our activities:
Organising cultural events
- Concerts by Bulgarian musicians, such as Theodosii Spassov, trio Wladigeroff and Stoyan Yankulov, Poduene Blues Band, Milenita
- Theatre performances by famous actors such as Kamen Donev, Tatyana Lolova, Georgi Mamalev, improvisational theatre group HaHaHa
- Exhibitions of icons, paintings, embroidered eggs, applied art by Bulgarian authors
- Viewing of contemporary Bulgarian films such as „Mission London”, „To Climb Montblanc”, „Lora from morning till evening”
- Literary evenings and participation in book fairs
- Presenting Bulgarian folklore dances at local festivals and celebration
- Folk dances for children and adults
- Bulgarian language for children
- Art workshops for children
President: Chavdar Aladzhov
Secretary: Katerina Dobreva
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to receive news about our events or become our member, contact us!
The yearly membership fee of 30 euro supports Gaida’s activities, allowing members to take part in decision-making and granting them discounts for many of the organised events.